Perl Script for Removing Mac Resource Fork.
I'm switching from my 19 years of Mac/Unix experience to Windows/PC. For detail, see: Why I'm Switching from Mac/Unix To PC/Windows.
Some tidbits piled up from the past 3 months:
• On the peer-to-peer networks, apparently you can find a lot celebirity sex tapes. There is Pamela Anderson, Tonya Harding, Paris Hilton, which happened in the past decade or 2 which i've seen. But recently discovered Kim Kardashian's sex tape too. There are also Asian star ones Chu Mei-feng (璩美鳳). Apparently, Wikipedia has a list of them: Celebrity sex tape.
• Ilona Staller (b1951-), a porn-star turned politician, of Italy.
• Watched 画皮 Painted Skin (2008 film). Great Chinese ghost story drama.
• Watched 葉問 Ip Man (2008). Great kungfu fighting, in particular, the film attempted to showcase the kungfu style of Wing Chun in a factual way.
• Best Tool for Yak Shaving: Emacs
• Discovered Wikipedia article Labiaplasty. It means, basically, surgery to make your pussy libs more beautiful. While, there's also Labia stretching.
• Discovered Fire rainbow.
• A Conflict of Visions, a book by Thomas Sowell. Always fascinating.
• The Vanishing Hitchhiker, a urban legend. Interesting is to trace the social psychology of such stories. I heard this story back in Taiwan when i was about 13, and it was chillingly scary, just like how most kids perceive ghost stories. Other urban legend especially on internet includes the so-called “kidney heist” (wakeup after drunk to find your kidney missing.).
• Readed Jpeg2000, which is used in Second Life.
• Added a photo to Star Spangled Supermarket Things.
Discovered another motherfucking new-ageish post-modernistic idiot: John Cage, who's “compositions” includes silence, and piano with fucked up strings.
Others, in the visual arts field, include: Jackson Pollock, Barnett Newman, Hans Hofmann and quite a few other fuckfaces. See: Abstract expressionism.
Xah Lee is the greatest avant-garde leader in post post modernistic essayist, whose epoch making work is a controversial essay titled “blank”, which is completely blank. He claims that it is impossible to not express something in a essay. Some scholars traces the philosophy of Xah Lee's work to Taoism, where nothingingness is something.
Second Life Demographics 2009 (tech, computing)
I've been busy coding Second Life's LSL in the past 2 months. See: Xah Productions.
In the past 3 weeks, i've been working on a particle generator in Second Life. Here's the final product: Xah Particle Maker.
“Interview of Don Syme Answering Questions on F#, C#, Haskell and Scala” at http://www.infoq.com/interviews/F-Sharp-Don-Syme. Very intelligent.
Humor Video: Video Piracy. (humor; video)blog comments powered by Disqus