Second Life Rich List
Discovered that BusinessWeek made a list of people who have became wealthy thru Second Life.
- BusinessWeek Special Report: Virtual Life; Virtual World Rich List By Douglas Macmillan. At
They list people who makes more than $5k usd per month, and says the number of such people is over 116. The report is made in 2007. According to a 2009 report by Linden Lab, the number is now 233. (see: Second Life Product Market Value)
Here's the list from BusinessWeek.
- Ailin Graef
- sl name: Anshe Chung
- Business: Virtual real estate.
- Site: http://www.anshechung.com/
- Worth: networth more than 1 million
- Philip Rosedale
- sl name: Philip Linden
- Business: Founder of Second Life
- Site: https://www.lindenlab.com/
- Worth: $19 giga venture backing
- Reuben Steiger
- sl name: Reuben Millionsofus
- Business: sl presence
- Worth: 6 million, 2007 revenue
- Sibley Verbeck
- sl name: Sibley Hathor
- Business: founder of Electric Sheep Company
- Worth: $15k for building a sl presence.
- Alyssa LaRoche
- sl name: Aimee Weber
- Business: building and scripting and hosting.
- Site: https://www.aimeeweber.com/
- Worth: 30k to 100k to create a presence. 2 to 3 corp clients per month.
- Adam Frisby
- sl name: Adam Zaius
- Business: sim, land.
- Worth: average land sale is between $132 and $330.
- Kevin Alderman
- sl name: Stroker Serpentine
- Business: sex stuff.
- Worth: sales 40 to 50 of his more adult items per day, each $20 to $40.
- Peter Lokke
- sl name: Crucial Armitage
- Business: Crucial Creations, clothing designer
- Worth: $0.75 per item; annual revenue ~$100k
- Cristiano Diaz
- sl name: Cristiano Midnight
- Business: Snapzilla website, for sharing screenshots
- Worth: $33k per year.
- Adam Anders
- sl name: Barnesworth Anubis
- Business: Tableau, real estate.
- Site: barnesworthanubis.com
- Worth: 110k transactions per year, each $1 to $9.