Art of Milo Manara
Milo Manara (born 1945) is a topnotch illustrator. He usually draws naked woman, erotic illustrated stories mostly.
Manara's official website is http://www.milomanara.it/
[see 西游记 (Journey To The West)]
Here's some other Manana's graphic novels i have read:
- 〈Click〉 Buy at amazon, a Graphic Novel, about a device that can instantaneously make a woman horny
- 〈Gullivera〉 Buy at amazon, a short erotic graphic novel, based on Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels.
A illustration by Milo Manara (born 1945).
- Left most: Man with mustache: Emperor Petr I of Russia (born 1672)
- White haired woman: Empress Catherine II “The Great” (born 1729)
- Left bearded man Ivan the Terrible (born 1530)?
- Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin (born 1934) (first human animal to travel in space)
- Bearded guy to the left of gymnast: novelist Fyodor Dostoevsky (born 1821)
- Round glassed guy: composer Igor Stravinsky (born 1882)
- Gymnast: Olga Korbut (born 1955)
- Top right, man in military uniform: Joseph Stalin (born 1879)
- Right most, long-haired bearded guy: mystic Grigori Rasputin (born 1869)
- Lower right, yellow hatted man: Vladimir Lenin (born 1870).
- Behind the chess set: Russian icon. Russian icons
- Chess. Russians dominated the world in chess. See World Chess Championship
- Sputnik (first satellite in orbit)
- Photo of Hammer and Sickle Flag over the Reichstag building in Battle of Berlin during the end of World War 2.
- The back view of a man in Napolean hat in the center of the image, must be Napoleon, representing Russia's victory of the Napoleon's invasion of Russia in 1812.
- Saint Basil's Cathedral Mosco.
- The Ballerina may represent Anna Pavlova (born 1881)
- Men on horses: they migth represent the Mongols of Mongol Empire, who in 1200s ruled Eurasia, including Russia, China, and much Eastern Europe and Middle East.
- Russian warship Aurora, which took part in initializing the October Revolution (1917)
Who's the dark siloutte figure with a nail thru the neck, on upper right?
it might be Ivan the Terrible
as depicted in the film
Ivan the Terrible (film) (Иван Грозный), directed by Sergei Eisenstein (1898 to 1948)
(thanks to [François-René Rideau
Thanks to people on alt.usage.english who have helped in identification. Source groups.google.com.