Art of Milo Manara
Milo Manara (born 1945) is a topnotch illustrator. He usually draws naked woman, erotic illustrated stories mostly.
Manara's official website is http://www.milomanara.it/
Here's some other Manana's graphic novels i have read:
- 〈Click〉 Buy at amazon, a Graphic Novel, about a device that can instantaneously make a woman horny
- 〈Gullivera〉 Buy at amazon, a short erotic graphic novel, based on Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels.
A illustration by Milo Manara (born 1945).
- Left most: Man with mustache: Emperor Petr I of Russia (born 1672)
- White haired woman: Empress Catherine II “The Great” (born 1729)
- Left bearded man Ivan the Terrible (born 1530)?
- Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin (born 1934) (first human animal to travel in space)
- Bearded guy to the left of gymnast: novelist Fyodor Dostoevsky (born 1821)
- Round glassed guy: composer Igor Stravinsky (born 1882)
- Gymnast: Olga Korbut (born 1955)
- Top right, man in military uniform: Joseph Stalin (born 1879)
- Right most, long-haired bearded guy: mystic Grigori Rasputin (born 1869)
- Lower right, yellow hatted man: Vladimir Lenin (born 1870).
- Behind the chess set: Russian icon. Russian icons
- Chess. Russians dominated the world in chess. See World Chess Championship
- Sputnik (first satellite in orbit)
- Photo of Hammer and Sickle Flag over the Reichstag building in Battle of Berlin during the end of World War 2.
- The back view of a man in Napolean hat in the center of the image, must be Napoleon, representing Russia's victory of the Napoleon's invasion of Russia in 1812.
- Saint Basil's Cathedral Mosco.
- The Ballerina may represent Anna Pavlova (born 1881)
- Men on horses: they migth represent the Mongols of Mongol Empire, who in 1200s ruled Eurasia, including Russia, China, and much Eastern Europe and Middle East.
- Russian warship Aurora, which took part in initializing the October Revolution (1917)
Who's the dark siloutte figure with a nail thru the neck, on upper right? (answer: it might be Ivan the Terrible as depicted in the film Ivan the Terrible (film) (Иван Грозный), directed by Sergei Eisenstein (1898 – 1948) (thanks to François-René Rideau) )
Thanks to people on alt.usage.english who have helped in identification. Source groups.google.com.