John carmack. Never liked him. Never impressed by his shit. Annoying, gerbil voice, mumbling n screeching. John carmack is such, u listen to him for 10 min, a drone voice, but u can't remember what he's talking about.
now having watched this vid, i think i decided that for sure.
It has to do with his thinking structure, and personality. Faaking amazing this guy. Monotonic gerbil screeching.
And i just tried again, to listen intensively, for 10 min of his talking, to see why am not getting any points. And he's got this very annoying intonation. Rising intonation at every end of sentence. And he string on his sentences. No stoppage.
Ok. Done my analysis. Basically, summarized above.
- Annoying rising intonation at end of sentences.
- String-on sentences, no pause.
- Monotonic voice. No highlights.
- And also a kinda techno-directionless drifting, from subject to subject.
But worse of all, is his personality, mindset. He is not a thinker. Ah ok. He is a doer. And a pure doer.
Brainless basically. Just obsessive, procedural doer. Ah also, extremely down to earth. And goal oriented. But super talented in that way. Ok. I think, he's the extreme case, of a programer type. As opposed to, philosopher, mathematician, logician, inventor. Or architech. He is, the extreme case, of machine instruction diddler. A bit pusher.
as a programer, i started to hear John carmack since y2k, but never got interested about him and never really listened to any of his talk or work.
never ever played doom. no like quake. my best game is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
i think the above is my judgement of John Carmack.
- this , my analysis of carmack, is interesting to me.
- cuz, i always wondered, why i despise the unix c hacker types.
- over the decade, i figured some core reasons.
- one is, hacker types, their personality, is of certain type. they tend to be, definitely not mathematician or logician type, and nor philosopher type. deep thinkers type, they are extremely not. which i am.
- but the carmack case, gives more insight.
- that is, a extreme coder type, bit pushers, their brain is wired that way.
- and carmack is the utmost extreme case.
- a particular subtype of nerds.
- am a nerd too. a extreme case. but here, we have polar opposite extreme subtypes.
- carmark, despise philosophy or academic subjects.
- in the interview, u can see, he snickers about AI issues of consciousness and such argumentations.
- which, are things i am super interested.
- so, carmack, represents the unix and C types of bit diddlers.
- they are interested in, extremely interested in, bits, pushing bits.
- they couldn't care less, about overall design, interface, architecture, or theory.
- they are fond of, and spent all their time in, hacking. namely, get down to tricks n deep hacks to get things to work.
- and FAST, is their creed.
- the concept of elegance, cannot be detected in their brain.