Great Fire Wall, Chinese Net Censorship; When Will China Open Up Internet?
Some issues on chinese censorship.
Some abbrevs used to get around:
- gcd = 共产党 gong communist dang (chinese communist party).
- gmd = 国民党 guo ming dang ( chinese nationalist party, aka Kuomintang, kmg).
- gfw = great fire wall. (great wall of china + internet firewall; chinese internet censorship)
The abbrevs are interesting because they are a mixture of: english abbrev, Pinyin, pun.
For info about chinese net censorship, see: Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China. For detail about gfw, see: Golden Shield Project.
Not related to censorship, but here's a simplified char i learned today: 拥护 = 擁護. See: 简体繁體字表 List of Simplified/Traditional Chinese Characters.
It would be great if chinese government would open up. Perhaps it is time to open up more?
Btw, if you are a typical american reading this: i do not support the stereotypical “freedom” and “human right” the US is condeming china, all over the mainstream presses. I consider them political propaganda. See:
- To What Degree USA Allow Free Speech?
- Liu Xiaobo, NED, CIA, USA Support
- Liu Xiaobo, Dalai Lama, Falun Gong, Nobel Peace Prize
(Thanks to fangzhzh for explaining the abbrevs.)