Second Life Problems and Improvements
This page documents some of the problems and suggestions of Second Life, from a technical perspective.
- The sims needs to be decentralized.
- LSL needs to be made more higher level. (See: Linden Scripting Language Problems)
- Sound volume should be in decibles.
- The avatar height is too high. This makes modeling of real life architectures problematic. For example, if build to scale, then many avatar can't enter the building because doors are too small.
- Need to support midi file.
- Need to support png file format.
- When viewing a texture or image file in-world, it needs display the file with correct dimensions.
- The HUD's coordinate system, is inconsistent with the inworld coordinate system, nor is it consistent with the standard screen interface coordinates system. The mapping of inworld coordinate to the hud, by dropping the x coordinate, is also weird. Dropping the y coordinate is more natural .The whole system for hud and its coordinate is not well designed. How a object shows up on the screen as HUD is not intuitively unpredictable. A object when attached as HUD appear screen…